Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Graphical Overlay of Complex Sections

baixiaodong
Booster

I have created a complex section, so can the graphic overlay function fill and cover the complex section one by one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

I think you mean a 'complex profile' instead of 'complex section' - just a translation mix-up.

Graphic Overrides act on the entire element and unfortunately do not affect individual skins of a composite or complex profile.

So if your GO criteria match any one component in your complex profile/composite, the entire element will be overridden.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Barry Kelly

I think you mean a 'complex profile' instead of 'complex section' - just a translation mix-up.

Graphic Overrides act on the entire element and unfortunately do not affect individual skins of a composite or complex profile.

So if your GO criteria match any one component in your complex profile/composite, the entire element will be overridden.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Thank you Barry, I understand your answer. It seems that I have to modify the section manager

Yes, but it is called 'Profile Manager'.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Hello Barry: After my experiments, I personally think that it is very necessary to apply the coverage function to every detail of the complex section, which is really necessary.

Botonis
Advisor

I have to say that this is a post with humor....! 

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.