BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Graphical Style by Renovation Status

GeorgieB82
Contributor
Hi,

I am a very superficial user of ArchiCad; as a Planning Consultant I only draw basic plans and elevations and the ease of ArchiCad is an absolute timesaver.

I know what I am hoping to do is possible but I am just going round and round using the help guides to achieve it.

What I want to do is, on my proposed plans and elevations I want all the existing/unchanged elements to be shown in a lighter pen with no fill or hatching.

I know it must be something to do with graphical overrides and/or renovation filters but I'm not sure how, if anyone can help me step by step I'd much appreciate it

George
AC25 UK Solo
Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7-4790, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K600
2 REPLIES 2
squall_tmo
Booster
Hi George,

You can do it both way, trough Overrides and Renovation filters (they are little different one each other).

I suggest to use a Graphic Override because you can create a lot of them, while you can create just an override rule for every Renovation Status valid for Renovation Filers (if you decide that new elements will be over overridden with a "red" pen it will always be colored with that pen every time you decide to use Renovation Filters to override your view).

If you click on the foreground and background color checkbox and on both you select the "Section Fill" icon, you can override the section color the way you prefer!

I attach a picture to explain what I would do if I were in your shoes: I hope it will help!
GeorgieB82
Contributor
squall_tmo wrote:
Hi George,

You can do it both way, trough Overrides and Renovation filters (they are little different one each other).

I suggest to use a Graphic Override because you can create a lot of them, while you can create just an override rule for every Renovation Status valid for Renovation Filers (if you decide that new elements will be over overridden with a "red" pen it will always be colored with that pen every time you decide to use Renovation Filters to override your view).

If you click on the foreground and background color checkbox and on both you select the "Section Fill" icon, you can override the section color the way you prefer!

I attach a picture to explain what I would do if I were in your shoes: I hope it will help!
Perfect Thank You!!!
AC25 UK Solo
Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7-4790, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K600
Learn and get certified!