BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How to See Through Objects in a Section View (Point Cloud issue)

byMarkus
Contributor

Dear Graphisoft Support and Community,

I am writing to seek assistance with a specific issue I have encountered while working with ArchiCAD, and I would appreciate any guidance or solutions that the community or support team may be able to provide.

Issue: I am currently experiencing difficulties in visualizing point clouds through objects in ArchiCAD's Section view. Despite my efforts, I have been unable to find a suitable solution to make objects transparent or visible in wireframe mode, allowing the point cloud to be visible through them. To clarify, I am able to do this in both 3D and a Floorplan view, but not in a Section view.

Attached a picture to further showcase what I am looking to solve (Example I made in Revit)

Sincerely,

Markus

Archicad Pointcloud Section Problem.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly

Does setting the layer the object is in to 'wire frame' affect the section view?

It certainly works in 3D.

I don't have Archicad open at the moment to check.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

The wireframe option actually just removes the whole object from the section view. Similar to the eye button next to it, that hides the object. I'm pretty sure this solution only works in 3D view.

Anything else that might work?

Sincerely,

Markus

c_cignino
Participant

You can try with Overwrites setting "Background" fill and transparent background

Learn and get certified!