cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Images Show in Master but make the Layout go weird

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having a big problem. I just installed AC11 to set up templates for the firm.

I started with a clean new AC11 file and set up our layers, penweights etc. I keep all master information on the Archicad layer and made sure I have all layers on and master items set as viewable.

For some image files, when I place them in the master, they show there, but make any layouts set to use that master blank out all master images, lines, and text. Strangely, fills still show.

I'm thinking it's something wrong with the image files, but can't figure out why some images (both jpgs and gifs) screw up the layout, but other jpgs work just fine.

This is very frustrating. I can't roll out AC11 to the firm until I have a template set up with our masters.

Any ideas?
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly
rocketbunny wrote:
I'm having a big problem. I just installed AC11 to set up templates for the firm.

I started with a clean new AC11 file and set up our layers, penweights etc. I keep all master information on the Archicad layer and made sure I have all layers on and master items set as viewable.

For some image files, when I place them in the master, they show there, but make any layouts set to use that master blank out all master images, lines, and text. Strangely, fills still show.

I'm thinking it's something wrong with the image files, but can't figure out why some images (both jpgs and gifs) screw up the layout, but other jpgs work just fine.

This is very frustrating. I can't roll out AC11 to the firm until I have a template set up with our masters.

Any ideas?
I haven't come across your problem as I don't use JPG or Tiff images in my masters.
But there is definitely a problem with the masters in version 11.
See - http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=94664&highlight=#94664

Hopefully the next hotfix will improve things.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11