Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Interior Elevations

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!!

So, I'm working with interior elevations and I have hit a small but significant problem.
I wish to control exactly which interior elevations I am generating. ArchiCAD gives me a few different options as to the layout of the elevations and the walls I am elevating. However, if I only want to show the elevations of 2 opposite walls, I'm not sure where to go. I can show 1 elevation, 2 if they are next to each other (i.e. N + W, or S + E), 3 as long as they are showing adjacent walls or the inside of a triangle, 4 as long as they are adjacent or the inside of a square, and so on.
I just want to do 2.. opposite each other (i.e. N + S). Impossible.. I guess.. or is it?
Any change of having a regular 4 sided interior elevation and just turning off whatever elevations I don't need??

Thanks for your help..

Yours,
Nick.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
wait.. got it.. just draw a line, then just connect it back to its beginning..
sigh..
I guess that wasn't too bad..

Still, any chance of turning off individual elevations?? That would still be super useful.

Thanks again.
N.
Barry Kelly
NickMcLeod wrote:
Still, any chance of turning off individual elevations?? That would still be super useful.
Just click on the extent of the elevation you want to hide and use the "Delete segment" option on the pet palette.
It can be turned back on in the same way.
You might need to re-number the elevations though.

Personally I just use standard section tool.

Barry.
int_elev.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aha.. Gold!

that totally works like a charm.
so... next...

I am noticing the story levels produced in the elevations do not correspond to the actual story lines, even though they sit where they should in relation to the floor.
Sorry, unclear description.. My floor level is AHD 99.510m, the story lines sit right on this level as my storey's are set correctly.. The RL on the story line however, reads +100m, so it looks like it has rounded up to the nearest meter..

I have been through all the project preferences and elevation settings and so on.. I cannot find anything to make these levels read accurately..

P.S. Who on gods green earth would want reduced accuracy in their architectural drawings?? What could be the point of having this default setting that is impossible to change.. Gah!!
David Maudlin
Rockstar
NickMcLeod wrote:
I am noticing the story levels produced in the elevations do not correspond to the actual story lines, even though they sit where they should in relation to the floor.
Sorry, unclear description.. My floor level is AHD 99.510m, the story lines sit right on this level as my storey's are set correctly.. The RL on the story line however, reads +100m, so it looks like it has rounded up to the nearest meter..

I have been through all the project preferences and elevation settings and so on.. I cannot find anything to make these levels read accurately...
Look at Project Preferences > Dimensions > Level Dimensions (4th from left). Once the settings are correct, give the Standard a name, and assign this to the View in the View Settings.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sigh.. No good..
This was the first thing I did. I can give it 10,000 decimal places, yet it still sits on one..
Attached is a picture. This shows the main problems I am having.. Firstly, the levels should be 99,510 and 102,510, rather than +100 and +103. This is unchangable through any of the settings..

ALSO!!!! these stupid elevations keep intermittently swapping from the nice black story lines with nice and correct offset from the edges of the elevations, to the ugly blue lines with ridiculous placement of text over drawings. Excitingly, this is inconsistent as all interior elevation markers are EXACTLY the same, AND they randomly swap around, so when I update all drawings, some might randomly be fixed, but another will take on the problem.

I know people like saying things like "your fault, ArchiCAD is perfect", which is true sometimes, but this is the stupidest thing ever to not be my fault..
David Maudlin
Rockstar
NickMcLeod wrote:
Sigh.. No good..
This was the first thing I did. I can give it 10,000 decimal places, yet it still sits on one..
Attached is a picture. This shows the main problems I am having.. Firstly, the levels should be 99,510 and 102,510, rather than +100 and +103. This is unchangable through any of the settings..
Works here. If you post an image of your Dimensions Settings and your View Settings maybe someone will see the problem. I don't know where you can set anything in ArchiCAD to 10,000 decimal places, in the Dimensions Settings, using meters, the maximum decimals is 4.

David
Int_Elev_Story_Hts.gif
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14