cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Layer Elements become Invisible

gtoq
Participant

Since upgrading to Archicad 27 this month, my coworker (macOS intel-based) and I have encountered an issue when working in a few specific models created in Archicad 27 (both teamwork & single-user) triggered by switching from one saved view to another where objects created in custom layers (not in our template) will not show up. The layer will be turned on, but the objects will not show up unless you manually turn the layer off, get out of the "layers" window, and then turn the layer back on again. See video attached for a visual.

It also can be "fixed" by opening up the saved view from a layout sheet, but only if you don't already have the view open in another tab.

However, both of these fixes are temporary. If you switch to a layout sheet or 3D view it resets the issue so you have to turn the layer off and on again.

This seems like a glitch on Archicad's end, but I would love to know if there was something we could do to these projects to get this resolved. Thanks ahead of time for any relevant information or help!

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon Ventura 13.6.5 (22G621)

1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly

Clutching at straws - is it anything to do with display order?

Or maybe the land image file in the background?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Setup info provided by author