Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Layer Setting How did it change all layers unselected?

Anonymous
Not applicable
How could a Layer setting be changed so that there are no layers selected? I am the only one using this program and computer. Now i have to go back and figure out what layers were used and reintroduce them.
7 REPLIES 7
Chazz
Enthusiast
Other than using attribute manager or accidentally overwriting the layer set name I have never seen this before. Something else weird is going on. Doubt that helps but it may be of comfort to know that it's probably not a bug.....
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
danlawrence wrote:
How could a Layer setting be changed so that there are no layers selected? I am the only one using this program and computer. Now i have to go back and figure out what layers were used and reintroduce them.

Do you mean to say that all your layer combinations were somehow deleted?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dan,

If your Quick Options are displaying "Custom" for the layers, I think I know what the cause of the problem is. I learned from Link that CadImage add-ons create a layer called "ArchiCAD-master layer" that for some reason forces the layer setting to "custom" whenever a new view is opened up, which makes it appear that the layer setting is changed so that no layers appear to be associated to a layer setting.

The solution is to remove CadImage add-ons from your library (you can still keep the objects it created in the project) and then delete the "archicad-master layer."

IF that's your problem!

good luck

Zolli
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Actually, CadImage released a fix for it, so you don't need to remove it. Details are probably on their website.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually, CadImage released a fix for it, so you don't need to remove it. Details are probably on their website.
Splendid news! How did you find out about that, Link?

Zolli
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
CadImage sent an email to their clients about it. Also Ben mentioned it here.

Cheers,
Link.
__archiben
Booster
Zolli wrote:
Splendid news! How did you find out about that, Link?
download and install the latest versions from their website. you will have to 'update' all layer combinations in the files that have been affected unfortunately . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup