Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Layer Setting changes not staying

Luminary Design
Participant

I recently update to version 27 and am working in a version 26 .pln file. I am trying to make changes to my layer combinations however each time I try it reverts back to how they originally were. I have tried deleting the layer combo completely and creating a new one but I can't seem to save the layer combinations that I want in a new layer either. I make the changes, click ok and the selected layers will turn off but the layer manager tab say that it is now Custom and when I go back to the layer combo it has reverted. Does anyone know how to fix this? 

Operating system used: Mac Intel-based

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Luminary Design

** 2 Tips to be considered:

1 ) To update any layer combo you should first select the combo then edit layers as you like ( Show/Hide, Lock/Unlock, …) then press update status icon and press ok.

2 ) When you create any new layer it’ll be hidden in all combos until you show it in the desired layer combo then press update status icon and press ok.

AC 27 INT 5060/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

That is how I used to do things but I no longer have an update button now that I upgraded to version 27. see below.

Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 4.49.09 PM.png

I just solved my own problem, the update button is now the tiny one with the 2 green curved arrows 🙂

Hahaha, yeah that’s it.🥳

AC 27 INT 5060/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

Or just select the layer on the right.

All of the layer combinations will show you how that layer you have selected is set for each combination.

Adjust the settings to any or all of the layer combinations on the left.

No need to update anything, the change is instant.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Setup info provided by author