Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Library Book Files save as 'Scratch' files.

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are increasingly finding that, when we resave an LBK file, the original file remains intact and a new 'scratch file' is created. There is no warning issued - so we are only aware of the problem if we happen to notice that recent changes are not saved when next opening the LBK file.

To avoid the problem, we are working on our desktops, and dragging the files back to the network at 'close of play' - but this is far from ideal.

We are running on Macs under OS X, networked to a Windows server - and think that the problem may be to do with our server. But is the 'scratch' file created by the server, or by Plotmaker?
1 REPLY 1
__archiben
Booster
Keith wrote:
But is the 'scratch' file created by the server, or by Plotmaker?
the scratch file would be created by plotmaker because (more than likely) it is unable to delete the original. this would mean a permissions problem on your server . . . which you are actually making worse by having the file change ownership every time it's copied back to the server!

i've never seen a windows server package, but i always had our mac server set to write the permissions of a file/folder based on the enclosing folder's permissions ('inherit from parent') rather than from the user that is saving the file . . .

i'd start by looking for something similar on your windows server . . .

HTH
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup