Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Lines are thicker in Plotmaker

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

We have been having this problem for a while. In AC10, when you draw a line on the plan, we are using 220 Red 1.20mm / 3.40 pt, to highlight a certain part of the plan and then put it on a layout sheet, that line has suddenly swollen and has no bearing to the thikness of the one on the plan. But if we use the same colour in plotmaker to draw the line it's fine.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Paul
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Check the pen sets. It could be that the drawing has different pen settings from the model and layouts. BTW there is no more PlotMaker, just the layouts.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
Check the pen sets. It could be that the drawing has different pen settings from the model and layouts. BTW there is no more PlotMaker, just the layouts.
Ah, Yes, force of habit

We have the same pen sets for both selected but if we change the line width in the plan layout the line width doesn't correspond to the plot layout .

i.e. line colour 220 we want at 2mm width, so we change that in the pen sets and save the set as another name, in the layout we select the same penset but the line shows as a very thick line, 3mm.

**Edit**

I have just been trying something, and i think whats happening is that you can change the line widths and colour in the plan layout but in the plot layout they seem to revert back to their original state.

I converted colour 101, which is black 1.2mm to red in the pen sets, but in plot layout it shows up as Black.

could this be a bug or am I doing something wrong
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
There's three different factors to consider AFAICS:

1. The modeling environment has it's own working penset;
2. The layotuing environment has it's own working penset;
3. Drawing are assigned their own penset.

So if you draft a line in the model environment, then go to a layout and draft another line, the two lines could differ considerably because you are dealing with two different pensets. Furthermore, a drawing placed on a layout showing the line from the modeling environment could look different again, because that drawing may have another penset applied to it.

For more differences between the modeling environment and the layouting environment, please refer to this.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Link,

Thanks for that, I think we have now sorted it. Didn't know there were so many different pen-sets you could apply, when you right click on a drawing and go to the Drawing Selection Settings you can apply a different pen-set for each drawing under Properties. So each drawing on the layout sheet can have a different pen-set applied to it.

Paul
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Yes - it's a beautiful thing.

Typically this means that you can map most of your pens to black, so while you model in color, the bulk of your linework prints in black. Different pensets can be used for such things as electrical plans where you may want your plans to plot as a thinner black pen, but punch out your electrical items with bolder pens. It can be taken quite a long way to include situations where you may want some pens to be black in some plans, but color in others. Maybe like Fire Plans, where special pens are mapped to color instead of black, to highlight differently fire rated walls.

Cheers,
Link.