cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Major dimension Issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought I'd share this to see if anyone else knows about this and see if it's happening to them.

Dimensioning: I draw a straight line. Using the "x-y direction" setting of the dimension tool, I try and dimension the line, but all I get is an option for an angled dimension. See attached screenshot. It's very annoying not to be able to dimension a darn straight line!!!!!! Yes, you can still do it using the "any direction" setting, but that's not the point...

I just reported this to Graphisoft North America and after a bit of explaining, he tried it and said it looks like a bug. I'm surprised that no one has posted this yet (as far as I know).

screen.jpg
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
No idea.... now that your grid is skewed you can dimension horizontally!! It's working in reverse!
Ted Taylor
Contributor
Is your Rotation Angle set to 0.00º in Grids & Background?
Ted Taylor
Atlanta, GA , USA
iMac (Retina 5K, 27", Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5 32GB
AMD Radeon R9 M395 2GB
OS10.14.2,
Latest Archicad 22
No. I was just fooling with ya. I got the screen shot by starting to place the dimension and then I clicked "Set Rotate Grid" to make it look impossible.

It's a bug of sorts that I can do that. Perhaps that will be fixed as well.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25