BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Printing Multiple Layout Sheets as Single Document

Matt Balaam
Enthusiast
Hi all,

I have a feeling what I want to do is not possible, but hopefully someone knows a way...

Using AC14, what I want to do is print multiple pages from the publisher (using the print option, not the save option) as a single multipage document. Currently, the print option sends each page individually.

The reason I want to do it this way is we use electronic document storage in our office which has a printer that can save directly into the storage. What I would like to do is have ArchiCAD print the layout sheets as a single multipage document which can then be stored, rather than a group of individual pages as it does now. Microsoft Word for example will 'print' a multipage document using this printer perfectly, but ArchiCAD doesn't seem to be able to.

I know I can save to a single PDF then print this file into storage but would like to remove the extra step.

Does anyone know of a way to do this?

Thanks
AC21 (8002 AUS FULL) | AC24 (7000 AUS FULL)| Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i7-12700 @ 2.1GHz | 32GB RAM | NVidia T1000
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Matt:

One method is to select the layouts you want to include in the Navigator, invoke the Print command, and then check the "Selected Layouts in Navigator" option under Print Area in the Print dialog box (this is on a Mac, I don't know if there are any differences in Windows).

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Matt Balaam
Enthusiast
David wrote:
One method is to select the layouts you want to include in the Navigator, invoke the Print command, and then check the "Selected Layouts in Navigator" option under Print Area in the Print dialog box (this is on a Mac, I don't know if there are any differences in Windows).
Thanks David, works perfectly!

I tried this option yesterday without success but I just worked out the problem, it was to do with using the Organizer (read below)

For anyone else trying this in the future, there are a few little quirks in the process:
  • - You have to have a layout window open for the option to be available, it wont be there if you are in plan view regardless of what is selected in the Navigator.
    - If using the Organizer you have to make sure you select the desired layout sheets in the left window for this option to work properly, selecting them in the right window wont work.
    - You have to select the actual layout sheets, selecting items in the publisher list wont work.
AC21 (8002 AUS FULL) | AC24 (7000 AUS FULL)| Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i7-12700 @ 2.1GHz | 32GB RAM | NVidia T1000
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
mcjh_matt wrote:
You have to have a layout window open for the option to be available, it wont be there if you are in plan view regardless of what is selected in the Navigator.
Yes, I had forgotten to mention this, glad to see that this worked for you.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!