BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Migrating AC25 to AC26, model won't show in 3D

jdetamore
Contributor

Hi, 

I'm working on migrating a file from AC 25 to AC 26 and it's going well, except when I right click "Show all in 3D" or "Show selection in 3D", it's totally blank.  I tried zooming to extents and nothing.   I think it must be something in  comparing the AC26 out-of-box version to the file I migrated but I'm not seeing any differences.  I imagine it's likely something very simple, but I'm at a loss as to what it is.  

Please  let me know if there are some usual suspects I should be checking.  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly

Switch the 3D window to 'Vectorial' engine rather than 'Hardware Acceleration (used to be called OpenGL)' engine.

If the 3D shows, I would suspect a problem with Open GL.

Each new version of Archicad seems to require a slightly newer version of OpenGL.

You may be able to solve it with a driver update.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thank you, Barry.  I was finally able to get it going after realizing that I was still using an old custom workspace.  Once I applied the standard AC 26 workspace, I started seeing the model again, so now just got to reset all my key commands.   

Learn and get certified!