Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Miss layout

Hi there, For some reason I miss the layout in the layout book and It's empty. How can I get it back?

6 REPLIES 6
Eduardo Rolon

Screenshot? Can't understand the issue.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Thanks for your response. I don't have the file with the issue, but I can explain with screenshots. When I try to drag my drawing into the layout book, the white page (paper) disappears. There's nothing there for me to place. my drawing onto.

Screenshot 2024-08-04 at 12.20.42 AM.png

Eduardo Rolon

Still not clear.

It might be that the Drawing that you are placing is at the wrong scale and if GS zooms out then the page becomes too small to see.

• If you select the drawing in the menu and delete it then do a Zoom Extends does the layout shows up?
    • If it does then verify that the drawing is not 1000X bigger than the layout.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Before the layout disappeared, it was there, but suddenly it's gone. I tried zooming in, but it's like it's deleted or something.

Botonis
Advisor

Have you put it in a turned off layer? 

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

When you do a zoom to extents, what does the zoom factor (%) in the bottom left of your screen show?

As Eduardo said, I think you will find the drawing you have placed is very large and probably not to scale (you may have imported as metres when it should have be millimetres when you placed it).

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11