Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Modifier keys like shift & option inconsistent when working in Design Options

svpribyl
Booster

The Shift and Option keys are inconsistent and sometimes non-operable when working in a Design Option plan.

Operating system used: Mac Intel-based Ventura 13.6.3

Steve Pribyl
MAC OS Sonoma 14.5
ArchiCAD 27
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Unfortunately the problem occurs when the focus is in any palette or input field (on Mac this is indicated with a blue highlight). The modifier keys aren’t correctly recognise when trying to interact with the model view directly - once the focus from these locations goes back to the model view then the modifier keys behave as expected.

However, we have managed to find a solution to this and it will be fixed in the next main release coming later this year.

James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly

I don't understand why that would be the case.

An element in a design option is no different to an element in the main model.

It just happens to be tagged with a design option that allows it to be turned on or off - similar to layers.

It should not affect how the element is edited or placed.

Exactly what problem are you having?

For example - you can't use SHIFT to constrain horizontally when placing a wall with a design option, but you can in the main model?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

This issue with sticking and non-responsive modifier keys (shift, opt etc) seems to occur as soon as you interact with the Design Options Palette. If you touch anything within the DO palette and then try to initiate a modifier key operation in the floor plan window the modifier key seems to stick. If you hit escape multiple times it clears and works as normal. Everything is then ok until you interact with the design options palette again. I’ve reported this to support. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.1
macOS Sonoma (14.5)
Solution

Unfortunately the problem occurs when the focus is in any palette or input field (on Mac this is indicated with a blue highlight). The modifier keys aren’t correctly recognise when trying to interact with the model view directly - once the focus from these locations goes back to the model view then the modifier keys behave as expected.

However, we have managed to find a solution to this and it will be fixed in the next main release coming later this year.

James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager

Setup info provided by author