Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

New Renovation Filter Issue

Raywill
Participant
The issue I have is, when I place an Elevation view with a “New Construction” Renovation filter onto a Layout, the view on the layout is missing. Only the Story lines are showing.
The elevation view in the view map displays correctly.
I don’t understand why this is happening, I have tried all other renovation filters and they all show on the layout view as they should.
The Elevation Marker cuts through the existing building, So I need to hide the Existing Building to display the new building elevation. This is why I have used the New Renovation Filter to do this.

If you can help with this that would be great, Thanks.

Ray ...
AC19, 20 & 21 Win10 64 bit
Intel Core i7 - 6850K
2 x Nvidia GTX Titan Black - SLI
2 x 16 GB DDR4
2 x 24" Asus Monitors
13 REPLIES 13
Raywill
Participant
Hi Barry,

I have had a play around with the renovation filters, first by opening a completely new file in ArchiCAD 21, I then drew a few walls and made some of them new, existing and to be demolished.
I then opened the elevations in the view map, (note the views were already created in the view Map) I placed them all on a layout and tried viewing them by changing the renovation filters. They all worked fine, as they should.
Then I made a changes in the elevation settings, Model Display, Uncut Elements.
Fill uncut surfaces with: “Uniform Pen Color” (From “Own Surface Color (Shaded)”)
After making this change in the Elevation Settings I tried the different renovation filters again and the drawing in the Layout disappears on the Layout View with the “New Construction” Filter on.
When I changed these settings back to how it was previously, it still does not show the drawing in the layout view. It is like you make the changes then there is no going back when the Renovation filter is set to “New Construction”
In the meantime, while I wait for a fix I have made a work around that works for now.
That is by creating a new Layer combinations and new layers for parts of the existing building, by doing this I have managed to have the drawing display (as it should with the Renovation Filter set to “New Construction”) but with the renovation filter set to “Planned Status” and the parts of the existing building on hidden layers for the one view.

Regards,
Ray ...
AC19, 20 & 21 Win10 64 bit
Intel Core i7 - 6850K
2 x Nvidia GTX Titan Black - SLI
2 x 16 GB DDR4
2 x 24" Asus Monitors
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello Ray,

Are you on AC21 build 5021? Have you tried the preview update yet (build 6000)?

I think this might be something that's already fixed in the update.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Barry Kelly
dkovacs wrote:

Are you on AC21 build 5021? Have you tried the preview update yet (build 6000)?
I wouldn't be installing build 6000 - there are problems with it.
We are still waiting for this "preview" version to get fixed - it has been over 3 months already since it was first released!

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=59740

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Since then AC 21 Update 6013 was released:

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=61680
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy