Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Override cover fills in archicad 20 - moved location

Anonymous
Not applicable
Archicad seems to have changed the location of overriding cover fills in the model view options to having it in the graphic override combinations. Before I used to just go into the Model View Options to change the cover fill settings - now it seems really complicated and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to click in order to not show a cover fill on a model view combination. Help!
18 REPLIES 18
David Maudlin
Rockstar
laz89:

Why don't you post your GO Rule, someone may see this problem.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
laz89 wrote:
Hey I'm still having trouble figuring out what settings i actually need to change. I have changed the drafting graphic override combination to have all the cover fills not show up (unticked all the boxes - is this what I am supposed to do?) the slab I am wanting have overriden the cover fill is still showing - nothing i seem to change in the graphic override settings seems to change the display on the plan. Can someone please explain how I actually go about this?
GO Combinations are just an assembly of individual rules.

For each individual rule, pretend that the "Criteria" section is just a "Find and Select" for the objects that will be changed. Then, when you check something in the section below, that is what it will be changed TO. In other respects, they will be left untouched.

The other thing to pay attention to is the order of the rules in any GO Combination. Any rule that is higher on the list will override a rule lower on the list. Hope that helps.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry, I'm still just not getting it. Ill attach a series of screenshots to explain. maybe someone will see where I have gone wrong. I have drawn a slab, Which I want to have display the cover fill on the site plan, but not on the floor plan. Here are the slab settings.
Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 8.49.27 AM.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have created a new graphic override combination
Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 8.54.36 AM.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here are the rules I have put in for overriding the cover fill on the slab.
Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 8.56.16 AM.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone see where I have gone wrong?
Well, to start with, you haven't overridden the fill with a different type. (Nothing is checked.)
Richard
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok thankyou- I was thinking that leaving them unticked would make them override - oops. So it seems that you need all 3 (all cover fills, solid background, solid foreground and transparent) all set to the same overrides? or is it just one? I have it working now.
laz89 wrote:
Ok thankyou- I was thinking that leaving them unticked would make them override - oops. So it seems that you need all 3 (all cover fills, solid background, solid foreground and transparent) all set to the same overrides? or is it just one? I have it working now.
I would play around with the various options and make friends with GOs. They are going to be in your life for a long time, now.
Richard