Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Plotmaker Problem- update error: change of dimension format

Anonymous
Not applicable
Changed dimension preference from "fractional inches" to "feet and inches" in ArchiCad . In Plotmaker after updating the dwgs. , it still retained fractional inches. I did the obvious troubleshooting - erased plots and re-sent them etc. Why would plotmaker retain dimension preferences? I would expect it to blindly accept any data on an archicad plot . Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
In AC9, Saved Views contain Dimensioning Preference information.
Resave the View in ArchiCAD with the correct dimensioning preference, then update in PlotMaker9.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
We have just encountered this "feature". It would seem that the dimension preferences stored with each view should be shown in the bottom of the view editor window and easily changed from one stored dimension setting to another, without having to go to preferences each time. Also in the stored view settings it would be nice if it would say which stored dimension setting was saved instead of just saying "Dimension settings are saved with the drawing".
Aussie John
Newcomer
Yes is dumb to link a view set to the main preferences. Not very intuative. There should be a link and a list of the set dimension prefs in the view options.

I ran into this problem when using teamwork. I didnt have exclusive access I couldnt change the dimesion prefs for the view. blaaa
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]