Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Plotmaker crashing

Tom Krowka
Booster
I have a peculiar problem that just came up yesterday. I have several projects I've been working on, opening in plotmaker, etc. Today, for some unknown reason, PM crashes when opening, but only particular .lbks. Not all of them, only two of them. Yesterday, I opened them fine. Today. they crash. Both the lbk and the bbk. PM starts to read data, then just shuts down. Can't understand why.

Major bummer!!!!
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
12 REPLIES 12
Djordje
Ace
Paul wrote:
If Plotmaker crashes during an update, it often leaves a hidden version of ArchiCAD running. When you restart Plotmaker,and continue the updates, links can be messed up due to a second copy now using same views
Always check the Task Manager ... and kill the BG ArchiCAD.

Then, for good measure, do a restart before firing up PlotMaker again.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Paul King
Mentor
Perhaps plotmaker should also consult task manager & count the number of ArchiCAD's running in background & present that info on startup - If more than one, more alarm bells than usual might ring in user's mind - especially if one of them is detected to be using CPU time when it would normally be dormant at that point...?
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having the same problem for a while. What we do in our office is open a New and Reset .lbk and from that file open the one I want. That let me work with my .lbk. Will be helpfull to know what cause this.