Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Plotmaker refresh problem

rm
Advisor
Has anyone else experienced the need to refresh or rebuild a PM layout sheet everytime you move, stretch, adjust any file in PM. This is soooooo annoying and time consuming.

I'm using PM 3.0 but this has occurred as far back as version 2.1. It seems like PM has just terrible memory management. You should not have to refresh the screen after any stretching, drag a copy, mirror a copy......etc.

GS, please look at this.....Thanks.
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
6 REPLIES 6
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
rm,
It says in your sig that you are using ArchiCAD 9. But you are still in PM 3.0, is this the case? If so I suggest that you switch over to PM 9 asap.

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
It IS a PM 9 issue as well. I have the same Cmd-Shift-R between each action. If it is not a general bug then it is an occasional ailment affecting some of us. Annoying but not the end of the world.

Rick Drummond
AC/PM 9.0.0 v1 (AUS 2018)
G5 2x2.5GHz; 8GB RAM; 2x250GB drives
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Try switching over to bitmap view and see if that helps.

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Rakela Raul
Participant
in version 9 make sure you have the "auto redraw" un-checked under options/miscellaneous
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Rakela. Doesn't make sense, but that is it.
rm
Advisor
Ben wrote:
rm,
It says in your sig that you are using ArchiCAD 9. But you are still in PM 3.0, is this the case? If so I suggest that you switch over to PM 9 asap.

Cheers.
Ben

Ben, quite observant. I was wrong in stating I'm using PM 3.0, I'm actually using PM 9 build 2018, the latest version I believe.

Rakela, I have unchecked the auto rebuild as you suggested. I will keep my eye on this, and update the thread.

Thank you.
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26