Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Plotting problem & dimensions revert to fractions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi - I have two problems
1. I like to dimension without fractions. Under preferences - dimensions -
fractions - I select none and uncheck fractions in small type. The dimensions change to eliminate fractions and then revert in a command or two.

I removed the preferences and caches and the problem went away but then came back.

I think I incorrectly removed the preferences with AC still running and then restarted . I can not eliminate the preferences in the trash because they say they are locked. Some of these preferences seem to go back as far as AC5.

This problem existing when I was on AC9 and now continues on AC 10

2. After removing all my preferences and caches my plotter stopped being able to plot. I went into plot set up and reselected my plotter - HP 1055cm and then re-entered the ip address into the TCP/IP set up - the port in default was 1 - I left it that way. I can still print to my plotter from AC (but it takes much longer) but when I plot the dialogue box says it can not find 192.168.1.66.1 (the IP address)

I'm running AC 10 on a 2.66 Ghx Intel Mac

Thanks very much for any help that can be offered
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not certain about how to resolve your fractions issue, except maybe to confirm that you are entering whole numbers when specifying coordinates. I know that ArchiCAD will round-up or round-down dimensions based on internal calculations (I believe from metric to imperial dimensions), so if you "eyeball" and count on the numbers displayed in the coordinates box, often things will "drift". As to the plotting, double-check you IP address input, as the address you specified does not look like a standard IP address (there seems to be an excess field). I have had to reset addresses after resetting my router, as I use dynamic addressing, but I can't see how clearing caches would impact this.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Your dimension standard is assigned to views. Maybe what is happening is that when you activate a saved view, it is switching out the dimension standard (including fractions).

If it was that simple, there was no need to delete all of your preferences. And I assume you didn't back them up anywhere?

If not, I will let a mac-head help you with getting your printer isues sorted.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You are correct about he IP address - the last digit is the port and should have a : not a .
So the IP address is 192.168.1.66
The dialogue box reads out 192.168.1.66:1
(and that is what I should have noted)
David Maudlin
Rockstar
jparchitect wrote:
1. I like to dimension without fractions. Under preferences - dimensions -
fractions - I select none and uncheck fractions in small type. The dimensions change to eliminate fractions and then revert in a command or two.
jparchitect:

After you have changed the dimension display under the Dimensions panel of Project Preferences, save this as a named dimension set using the Add... button. Now assign this dimension set to your plan in the View Map by selecting the view, click the Settings button, and selecting this dimension set via the Dimensions: pop up. If any of the settings here are "Custom", then you cannot be sure what they will do.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David -

Thank you - that works ! It feels like a gift from the heavens not to have to enter static dimensions to eliminate the fractions.

Concerning the plotting problem - it seems the port number to use with HP plotters is 9100. The IP address was correct but the port # was wrong - after correcting the port the plotter is back in action.

So I'm a happy camper - Thanks to all !

John Ploss