Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Mixture of decimal and and fractional dimensions

Eric Milberger
Advocate

My model will not stay feet and fraction.  It keeps changing to decimal and is not consistent from dimensioning a elevation.

the saved format does not stay.  Even though I tell it no fractions it still creates decimals.

Operating system used: Windows 5003

Eric Milberger, Architect | Master Planner
5 REPLIES 5
Ricardo Lopez
Expert

Hi @Eric Milberger 

Check whether the Dimensions in the View Settings are correctly applied in all views and whether they have been saved.

Regards.

M. Arch. Ricardo López
BIM Consultant | Project Solutions and Services | Panama
AC17-27 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI WE75 9TK, 32GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 3000

They are replied properly and change on their own.  the changes are not sticking

Eric Milberger
Advocate

The work then change back almost immediately.  the changes do not stick If I use the terminology correctly - there is only one Screen bur plans and sections and elevations.

right now I am modeling and dimensioning the plan and the dimensions either change almost immediately back to decimal or do when I save and exit and reopen.

I do not know where to go from here as I tried to reach tech and nothing but an email on what it cost for support.  I think this is more a misbehaving software than a help for how to place a dimension.

I have already adjusted the setting and they will stay for a minute or few and will revert back - as if they are stuck in metric with imperial as a mix.  I have already done as you suggested probably 50 times.

Barry Kelly

Can you show a screen image of your dimension style settings, showing the settings for the fractional dimensions.

Like this for example...

BarryKelly_0-1716514143577.png

Then also a screens image of the view settings so we can see if the correct dimension style is applied.

BarryKelly_1-1716514216848.png

Also a screen shot of you wrong dimensions when the correct dimension style is applied.

BarryKelly_2-1716514293387.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Setup info provided by author