cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Printing PDF sets from plotmaker

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are trying to get a system setup to archive PDF progress sets from our plotmaker plot book. We are using publisher within plotmaker to do this and I have run across some issues that I am hoping to get some advice on. When I publish a view set, every layout is created in its own PDF file versus a single file with multiple pages. In addition as the publishing process proceeds, I am prompted to give a name to each file created. The default name is always that of the lbk file. This makes background publishing out of the question. I am sure I have missed some setting that will allow the view set to be published into a single file but that setting has eluded me.

In addition we are in the process of deciding which PDF writer to purchase. I have trial versions of Acrobat pro and one called Bluebeam. In addition my computer had a PDF writer already installed made by Amyuni – however this version had limited paper sizes and the single custom size sheet required input in mm which is not ideal for us. I have chosen all of these different writers under page setup, but get similar results. What are the opinions of these different possibilities for PDF output? Thank you for any advice you can give us.
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
John wrote:
Any way to publish multiple layouts (drawings) to PDFs with the Mac OSX PDF writer? I've been doing them one by one.
select all the drawings you want to print in your navigator window, under plotmaker option in the print dialog, set it to "print selected sheets", then instead of clicking print, click "save as pdf"

same process as printing/plotting multiple sheets to hard copy...

HTH
Wes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Easy as pie (whatever that means).

Thanks Wes. Worked great.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Any way to publish multiple layouts (drawings) to PDFs with the Mac OSX PDF writer? I've been doing them one by one.
The same method as mentioned in this discussion works with the OSX PDF writer. I just tried it this weekend. Either select multiple layouts and print (selected layouts) or use publisher and make sure the multiple layouts you want to create PDF files are within a single folder.