Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

!Restored: Sloooooooooww dwg publlisher V11

Tom Krowka
Enthusiast
Has anyone else noticed this problem? Publishing from layouts to .dwg is very slow.....up to 30 minutes. Does not freeze up PC, but so sloooooow.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
11 REPLIES 11
Andy Thomson
Advisor
I have noticed AC11-1040 Hangs on the last page it is publishing. Longer than normal Publish times may be related to the fact that now AC11 forces update of your drawings (as in drawing manager) which is a good thing - if you want them to show in modelspace.

Apart from that - how big is your PLN file? How many sheets are we talking about here?
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Tom Krowka
Enthusiast
have been publishing dwg's one sheet at a time, so I don't believe the problem is "hanging up at the last sheet." Every one has been slow. Maybe publisher things each individual layout is the last sheet.

The size of the .pln does not seem to make any difference. I've done it on several projects of varying sizes.

I have been publishing to Autocad version 2000, maybe that makes a difference?

The same publish to dwg in Version 10, same drawing, takes about 1 minute, versus 45 minutes in V 11.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Andy Thomson
Advisor
Maybe try a different translator? I am publishing fully detailed sections/elevations, etc. in about 5-10 seconds per sheet, the last sheet taking maybe a minute. I didn't realize yours were talking 45 minutes.
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Tom Krowka
Enthusiast
Am using the translator that allows for future editing in the Autocad program, and changes splines to polylines. Everything else is default.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Dennis Lee
Booster
I have noticed that if I have the DWG output to "single file" as opposed to "xref" files, publisher becomes unbearably slow.

For now, I am going with the "xref" option, just to make it work.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dennis - did you ever solve your problem? We are having this difficulty with one of our projects.

There's nothing special about the about the content - and the model isn't particularly large. We've stripped out fills etc. - no difference.

Everything used to work okay, but it's become progressively slower. Now we find we can't successfully convert a layout to a DWG at all.

Using 'PUBLISHER' on one of our machines, we get the 'FAILED' message quite quickly. On another machine, everything hung for about half an hour.

Using 'SAVE AS' from the layout book, is no better. The message says it will take 3 minutes, but everything locks up.

Anyone got any ideas?

Keith

Archicad Ver 11 on Mac 0SX 10.4.8
Rick Thompson
Expert
Make sure you manually update all external drawings before you publish. That can sometimes cause a hang up. I have even discovered that the background AC is wanting attention.. like saying there is a library update available, but the screen is behind everything else, so it just patiently waits.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow, that was quick!

There are no external drawings - but thanks for the suggestion.

I'm going to try deconstructing a copy of the model to try and eliminate the problem.

- K
Dennis Lee
Booster
Keith wrote:
Dennis - did you ever solve your problem? We are having this difficulty with one of our projects.

There's nothing special about the about the content - and the model isn't particularly large. We've stripped out fills etc. - no difference.

Everything used to work okay, but it's become progressively slower. Now we find we can't successfully convert a layout to a DWG at all.

Using 'PUBLISHER' on one of our machines, we get the 'FAILED' message quite quickly. On another machine, everything hung for about half an hour.

Using 'SAVE AS' from the layout book, is no better. The message says it will take 3 minutes, but everything locks up.

Anyone got any ideas?

Keith

Archicad Ver 11 on Mac 0SX 10.4.8
No, I just use single file option.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions