Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Section Marker - Cannot Change Reference ID/Name, or Link to Placed Drawing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi - first post (out of profound frustration),

I have (3) problems with a couple of section markers (mind you, not all). I can only assume they are somehow related:

1) I cannot change the name or reference ID of the section. When I retype in the section settings, it reverts after clicking "OK". When I make the change in the info box, it immediately reverts as well. I have also attempted to right-click the section(s) in question in the project map, and the "rename" option is not present. The rename option is however present for other sections.

2) Despite the fact that I have dropped these very same sections onto layout sheets, they will not return the drawing ID or layout ID. I have never had this problem before.

3) Grid lines have disappeared in these same sections, though they continue to appear in all other sections. Each has the same layer combination and graphic override, and the grid lines are turned on in the section settings. I'm at a loss. They were there yesterday, and no one else is in the file.

Notes:
These are source views, and the link is active and functional.
They are present on layout sheets and update as they should.

Thoughts greatly appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
It seems like there is some internal error with these particular Section elements.
If I were you I would just delete them and draw a brand-new Section element in their place, which hopefully behaves as expected.

I am just guessing, but you could also check the "Open & Repair" option in the Open File Dialog when opening the file, see if that makes any difference before deleting and recreating the Section element.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your response. I think you are right - it seems like an error of some kind. I've made due by using custom text in the marker rather than linking to the sheet/layout. Not ideal but it works.

Thanks again.