BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Section Marker / Ext Elevation Marker setup problems

rm
Expert
I'm setting up a new template in AC 23, desperately trying to get the Section Marker tool and Elevation Marker tool to display the same graphically, in plan view and the corresponding generated Section and Elevation views.

First it's maddening that the the 2 tools don't have the same exact setup parameters. Some parameters when inputing dimensions, result in two different looks to the tool. Perfect example, try setting the size of the marker head in plan. If one is 30pt, then putting in 30pt for the other should result in the same exact marker size in plan. It doesn't!!! It's like the input has no scale to it at all. I can name dozens of these inconsistencies. Absolutely inexcusable that this gets past the GS developers.

Right now, no matter what I do, I cannot active the ability to "center" the Marker Head text for the Section Tool - see attached screen shot. I think I have played with every possible combination of settings available, I can't figure out. Yet I see the option right in front of me "greyed" out, as is the vertical spacing for the text.

How long is Graphisoft going to drag their feet updating and making consitant the Ext Elevation Tool, Section Tool and Interior Elevation tool? There should also be a preview window within the tool settings that show the exact result for every parameter picked instead of needing to place these in plan to generate corresponding views. Then needing to go back and forth from the settings to the drawings dozens or hundreds of times to get a consistent look between the tools.
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
2 REPLIES 2
DGSketcher
Legend
Fully agree with your frustrations. Time GS started some consolidation of the tool settings for consistency.

Regarding the text alignment, I think they are greyed out because the text is automatically centred with the illustrated head. If you use some of the others where the text is outside the head then the alignment option becomes active.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
rm
Expert
DGSketcher wrote:
Fully agree with your frustrations. Time GS started some consolidation of the tool settings for consistency.

Regarding the text alignment, I think they are greyed out because the text is automatically centred with the illustrated head. If you use some of the others where the text is outside the head then the alignment option becomes active.
@DGSKetcher -

I understand they may have locked out the alignment on the section tool. But they also locked out the spacing tool to the right of the image.

You need to be able to adjust the font spacing depending on what size font one uses.

Now in the Ext Elevation Tool, the alignment of text is locked out to the center, but you CAN adjust the font spacing as you can see in the attached image.
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
Learn and get certified!