Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Section marker extents

Anonymous
Not applicable
If I was to upgrade to Archicad 13 / 14 and want my section markers in a different positions on the Floor plan, Foundation plan, etc, say because of the dimensions are in the way for example, and do not want to effect the view extents, what can I do?

6 REPLIES 6
Brett Brown
Advocate
Well, funny you should ask Stuart

Now you can. Up to nine different positions (that nine views per story) that don't effect each other. All through the MVO. Very easy to set up, just redefine you existing MVO for the Floor plan etc. and you are done, and you can drag the marker heads to where ever you like all independent of each other. Feel free to ask questions.

Stuart, do you want your elevation markers in the section window to move independently of each other? Say you want to drag them into a different position horizontally than the others. Now you can. This is an object that when you place in the section window it snaps to your story settings height and uses your story settings numbers and name. Plus you can have intermediate heights as well with customs names. This works in AC 12 as well.

Check out Master Scripts website for more details and videos of both working.

These both are fantastic features and are highly recommended and will enhance your usability of both your floor plans and sections.

Hope this answers your question Stuart
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, Brett. That is very helpful and informative.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You guys are very tricky.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
rjwilden
Booster
"laszlonagy" wrote:
You guys are very tricky. [/quote

Reminds me of when I was a naughty boy at school. We would look for flaws in the school rules, exploit them, just to piss the teacher off.
Richard Wilden Design. Ltd
Dunedin, New Zealand.
Imac 27" i9 3.6GHz; 32GB Ram Mac OS 11.3
Archicad V23:V24
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I did the same thing.
Interesting to experience the "other side of the coin".
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable