Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Shaded Elevations - how to achieve pure white? How to achieve solid+transparent areas within fills?

Paul King
Advisor
Hi, just wondering how people are getting white painted elements in shaded elevations to appear white, rather than grey? I cannot seem to find any surface definition characteristics that result in this outcome.

Also, has anyone come up with a cunning way that a cover fill for a perforated wall panel element can have a pattern of white masking areas alternating with transparent hole areas that are individually outlined with black pen? (as opposed to the outline of the fill as a whole)?
I can achieve this in 3D with alpha channel for transparency in surface texture, but cannot think of a way in 2D.

Really hoping to avoid physically modeling every perforation to achieve this, as there are thousands of holes, which will massively slow down the model.
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop
20 REPLIES 20
Lingwisyer
Guru
If you use CUTPLANE then everything on the set side of the plane will be removed. This plane can then be manipulated with your standard transformations.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660