Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Surface Color will not update when changed

4hotshoes
Advisor

I do not understand what is controlling this color in the preview window. Th surface color is clearly blue. I was green until I changed it, but it will not change in the 3D preview window. Why?

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 4.41.34 PM.png

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
5 REPLIES 5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

The 3D preview is affected by the colour you set for Sunlight and Ambient Light in the Sunlight Settings. You can change these when you open Perspective Settings. The button is at the bottom left.

I have these both set to white (255, 255, 255) for this reason.

You probably have a yellow colour set somewhere in those settings, which tints your blue to green.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

That is not it. No matter what surface color I change it to, it remains green. The sun colors are fine.

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

Which version of Archicad and which version of which operating system are you running?

If I check your settings for the surface in AC23 on WIN10 I can only get the 'green' problem if the sunlight has a yellow tint.

For a quick check: the problem persists after a reboot?

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
DGSketcher
Legend

@4hotshoes Do you have the same problem with other surfaces? It may just be a corrupt attribute and it's easier to let it go and create a new surface. I'm not seeing a problem on MacOS with AC24.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

When I changed the Emission color to match the surface color, it updated the 3D preview window to the proper color. It may be an odd bug that may be a combination of circumstances. But it is working now.

Todd Oeftger