Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Text into AC and PM

Anonymous
Not applicable
Recently I have been attempting to import text from Word into both ArchiCAD and Plotmaker. I have found that I can copy the text in Word; click on the AC or PM file window with the text tool; then paste the block of text from the clipboard into the new text block.

This seems to work in both AC and PM, but the file becomes extremely bogged down in AC. Has anyone else had any luck with this?

Mike Boyd

8.1 v2; MAc os 10.3.4; G4 1.4 Hhz; a.a2 G ram; ati 9000
2 REPLIES 2
tsturm
Newcomer
How much text are we talking about here?

a thousand words?

Are you trying to put your specs into your drawings?
Terrence Sturm, Architect
AC 23 build
AC 24 build 5000
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have tried this with perhaps 7-800 words and with only a few words inserted at a time but duplicated to make the problem worse, I suppose. This method as others have mentioned seems to work well in Plotmaker, but there is something about the insterted text blocks in ArchiCAD which radically slows down the whole process.

The file sizes does not seem to grow, perhaps there is somethign about working with the format carried over from Word? I will continue to explore, but was hoping that someone else had already solved this one.

Thanks,
Mike

8.1 v2; MAc os 10.3.4; G4 1.4 Hhz; 1.2 G ram; ati 9000