cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Trussmaker tool in archicad 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been trying to figure out how to use the trussmaker tool in archicad 19 (under design - >Design Extras -> Trussmker) but having a bit of trouble figuring it all out.

I've drawn lines on floor plan of the shape of the truss i want, but when i create the truss - it always seems to be the wrong length or height - its never exactly what ive specified (drawn with lines). It seems to add in 30mm each side (length wise) and not sure why it does this? and could also be adding in other dimensions im not aware of?

I've even tried drawing the lines to create the truss in section view - and it still doesn't come up correctly.

Would someone be able to explain to me how to draw a truss using the trussmaker tool to get the correct dimensions of the truss when created. (ive looked on youtube - there are videos but none in English)

And if anyone knows where the trussmaker tool takes the dimensions from. I've figured out that it seems to follow the line of the top of the bottom chord and the top of the top chord (photo attached)- but when i draw this - its still the wrong size.

Please help
5 REPLIES 5
Dave Seabury
Advocate
Laz

I haven't used truss maker in a while, but I believe you need
to draw the center line for the different members, a pain for sure.

David
AC 19-24 Windows 10 64 bit, Dell Prercision 7820, Xeon Silver 2414R ( 12 Cores), 64 GB Ram, Quadro RTX 4000 8GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you so much!! Just tried it out and Yes its definitely the centre of the timber (which is ridiculous in my opinion) at least i can create the correct sized trusses now. Would be good if archicad made it easier to use.

Barry Kelly
I guess the problem with drawing the edge (perimeter) of the members is how would Archicad know which side of that line to model it.
Using the centre lines is a hassle (I agree) but it makes the automated model (GDL object) much easier to construct.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
DGSketcher
Legend
I came to the conclusion a long time ago that using Profile Manager was probably quicker than trying to work out all the offsets and the convoluted way Trussmaker creates trusses.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
What I do is use the magic wand on the truss profiles provided by the manufacture. If they are not to any specific scale but in a .pdf they can be exploded then resised to scale, then magic wand them as a slab, save in 3D top view as objects.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25