Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Twinmotion in Archicad 26

joelsdg
Enthusiast

Hi Everyone,

I've only been using AC26 for a week or so, on a single project but I can't find any information on how/if Twinmotion is actually supported in Archicad 26.

I know there's some new feature for an app called Enscape (or something like that) but it requires yet ANOTHER SUBSCRIPTION purchase.  I'm not interested in trying to learn another software that may or may not be supported in future versions of Archicad.  I'm just starting to like Twinmotion.

I've read it mentioned in the sales brochures/postings, but I don't see any Datasmith or Direct Link updates that appear to work with AC26.

Hopefully, I'm just overlooking something, can anyone help or shed some light on this?

Joel

AC 6.5-26; macOS Ventura; 2019 MacBook Pro 2.4gHz, i9
64 REPLIES 64

Can't say, though originally the contact was informed that Datasmith was going to be delayed to next year. So hoping that the second message is true.

Also I think that GS confirmed that FBX export will be back during the QA for the current marketing presentations.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Nardo99
Booster

The plugin is available as of today. I am downloading it now. Will report back if there are any issues. 

I've used Parallels many moons ago (pre MacTel), but have read many glowing reviews of the performance of Windows apps on Parallels on M1 chipsets. The main takeaway is that there was zero noticeable lag in gaming software, or any CPU/GPU intensive software, and in most cases, out-performed most Windows laptops they test Parallels against.

I'll be buying at testing it out on various apps.

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System

I'll take that with a grain of salt. As much as they expounded on the importance of this very forum, why wasn't something said here before with the active chatting on the subject.

I hope it's true.

And, I am sooooooooo glad they didn't shirk the question. I stayed up til 3am (Hawaii Time) to watch the Live feed and ask it. Thanks to all who liked the question putting it at the top of their queue.

Fingers crossed!

Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx

Step one finally checked!
Now for FBX export (for 3D exportations outside of TM).

Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx

I wonder what the dissolving of the partnership between Epic and Graphisoft will do for our gratis licenses for Twinmotion in future TM updates?

Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx

I think that is on Autodesk, since FBX it's their proprietary file format. Something tells me that Autodesk is not too keen on letting Archicad use this format. 

Whit all of the other file format available like, 3ds, Obj, etc. What makes FBX a better option? Just asking since I have not used FBX to date. 

Archicad exports DWG, 3D Studio and Revit. All three are Autodesk products. So I wouldn't think that is an issue. They've just been shortsighted on this... but they said they are now developing it for use "very" soon. We shall see.

Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx

FBX is extremely feature rich on what gets exported and is keenly tailored for asset importation in a multitude of apps. What's most important is its inclusion of textures with proper UV settings, etc.

In Twinmotion, since this is a TM thread, many times an OBJ file comes in with no textures where the FBX of the same asset will. C4D, SKP and others are good substitutes, but not as feature rich and widely accepted as FBX.

Not to mention, it has been established as the standard interchange format, and in many cases, the "only" format allowed for importation, as with some VR and AR apps.

Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx

Thank you. I did a quick google search and I see why it would be useful as it appears to be the standard in VR application as you noted.

I know this probably does not solve your issues but Autodesk makes an FBX converter (its pretty old at this point) that conversts OBJ or 3DS to FBX. Probably a long shot but I figured I would say something