cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Wall indicator

Llian
Advocate
I am trying to add the wall indicator and looking through the youtube, I can't find the check-box that has the LABEL ELEMENT in the Wall Setting. Has this moved?
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA | CAPM | PMP
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
8 REPLIES 8
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Llian,

Labels received an overhaul in version 19 so they behave a little differently.

Now you can either:
• Activate the label tool; pick the appropriate label type or favorite; then click on the element to label it.
OR
• Select multiple elements you wish to label; click the "Label Selected Elements" button* (or go to Document > Label Selected Elements*).

*USA version Standard Profile 20 only:
- Label Selected Elements button is on the standard toolbar to the left of the eyedropper.
- Menu = Document > Label Selected Elements
The INT version Standard Profile 20:
- Menu item is under Document > Annotation > Label Selected Elements

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Llian
Advocate
Thanks Nicholas,
Ok I got the indicator on the wall but how do I change the size, fonts, etc..
Lilian Seow
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
Llian
Advocate
I can't add text to the indicator...and I keep having trouble adding a screenshot to the forum here....
Lilian Seow
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Llian,

Select the label and open its settings dialog. Then adjust items in the Text Style, Pointer, Symbol Label and Custom Settings panels. You may need to adjust settings in one panel to allow changes in another. For instance, with the "Identification and Property Label 20" you must check the "Frame" check box in the Text Style Panel and then control the Frame Shape under Custom Settings > Label Geometry.

In the case of NCS Indicator 20, it conforms to the specs of the National CAD Standards in North America and so the size of the frame cannot be adjusted. If you require that shape, but need it to be larger, use the Identification and Property Label 20 mentioned above. It can be resized and made to look identical to the NCS Indicator 20.

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Llian
Advocate
Thanks Nicholas.
I have the indicator next tot he wall BUT the text in the control setting is greyed out and the text says - NO WALL TYPE ID CAN BE DISPLAYED.
Lilian Seow
Llian
Advocate
Thanks Nicholas. I got it...the youtube helps.
Lilian Seow
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Lilian,

I am glad to hear that you got it working. As for uploading image files, make them no larger than 1600 x 1200 pixels, and the 512kb limit. I hit that brick wall over and over myself years ago. I would make sure my file met the filesize requirements, but I ket missing message that limits the dimensions to 1600 x 1200 pixels. I hope that helps.

Happy Holidays!

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I am having the same issue where the Wall Types label says "No Wall Type ID can be displayed", and can not figure out where that text can be edited?

Thank you,