Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Will GS implement dwg in reviewer?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wonder what you people think? Will Project reviewer deal with dwg drawings as well as dwf? I like everything about the reviewer but the inability to let the user download dwg drawings. All the other consultants are using AutoCAD so....
/Mats
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
stefan wrote:
Even though I truly love the VB/BIM concept, the reality is that you need 2D-drawings in practical information exchange: building permits, contractors on site, consultants, clients, ...

So ArchiCAD should, despite it's 3D-model power, not neglect a good 2D-drawing exchange with the rest of the world

(but keep pushing untill IFC becomes a 'de facto' standard instead of DWG or DWF --- yeah, keep on dreaming --- that is not going to happen...)
Good real world knowledge Stefan!!
I can't agree more abou IFC...Sad but true.

Since it's a breeze to produce nice looking dwg's I can't find any reason why it's not supported in the web reviewer!? I have been working on bringing our Swedish GS dealer to talk to projectplace.com which is a simple yet efficient document management system. Projectplace.com (as well as dozens of other similar solutions) lacks a drawing browser....the web reviewer lacks document management....sweet music could grow here if....this ideal combined solution would deal with dwg's because that's what the business use (note... Architects is NOT the business but one of many participating parts).

We are just about to start a project where we use AC for the engineering design (first one in Sweden as far as I know) and I somehow managed to make the architect change from 2D/3D Architectural desktop to AC8.1 before the actual start of the project. This means we (the engineers) are going to work on the same 3D model as the architect, at least in the beginning of the project.
Back to the topic...we have many more consultants wanting nothing but sweet old dwg's and therefore we can't use the web reviewer. Instead we buy a shared space somewhere (...projectplace.com or similar) where we put our files for download....silly when AC has the almost very very ggod web reviewer...
Bah...I have to work now....