Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

amyuni PDF printer and architectural D

Anonymous
Not applicable
Print to PDF is a wonderful option. Much easier than plotting to a file and having to know what plotter you are using if sending to another for printing. I have two question though.

1. Are there any problems or discrepancies with printing from a PDF (such as correct scaling) vs. plt files?

2. Why is it that with the wealth of paper layouts available with the pdf printer there is no architectural "D" or custom in "inch"? I've created a custom layout using mm's (610 and 915). While this creates a file size of 24.01"x36.01" which is pretty darn close, it is not exact.
12 REPLIES 12
rm
Advisor
Simond36,

What OS are you on. In OSX, print to PDF is in the OS and allows you to use standard US sheet sizes as long as you have a plotter driver ( Like HP ) that has US sheets availble.

Please elaborate for additional input. If you are on Windows, I'll defer to people with experience on that side of the fence.

Good Luck.
Archtitects Design Forum, Ltd.

Robert Mariani
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your response.

I am using XP pro with the amyuni pdf program that came with archicad.

By the way "D" (US) size paper is an option, but this paper is 22x34, thus not "architectural D" 24"x36"
Daniel Lindahl
Contributor
simond36 wrote:
Thanks for your response.

I am using XP pro with the amyuni pdf program that came with archicad.

By the way "D" (US) size paper is an option, but this paper is 22x34, thus not "architectural D" 24"x36"
Or you could be a forward looking early adopter and go with A1 - the rest of the world uses that! That is roughly 23-3/8 Henry VIII thumbs X 33-1/8 Henry VIII thumbs.

And that's not all folks, each sheet size in the A sequence is the previous one folded in half, and they are ALL the same proportions! (1:square root of 2). This makes it so easy to do reduction sets of drawings without losing stuff at the edges.

And incidentally, A0, the first one in the series, is exactly 1 m2 in area.
cheers
Daniel
-------------------------------------
Daniel Lindahl Architecture
AC24 | Dell Inspiron 16+ | Windows 11
Erika Epstein
Booster
Below the D 22" x34" there is Arch D (24" x36")
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
On my computer, Amyuni lists about 150 different paper sizes. Maybe what you need is hidden somewhere there. I know I can find all sizes we use in our office in Hungary (A4-A0).
Laszlo
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Erika, but I have checked a thousand times and after your post checked again and I have no ARCH D option. I didn't have it with 7.0 8.0 or 8.1. The version of Amyuni I have is 2.09 PRO Graphisoft (installed from 8.1 CD).
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
For some unknown reason, I cannot find any US arch sheets either... I have a little excel calculator to tell me what the equivalent size in mm is so I can use the CUSTOM box... The old 2.07 AMYUNI had the arch sizes....
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, I've figured out how to add paper sizes to your options in amyuni pdf.
The pdf driver pulls the paper sizes from other drivers installed on your computer. So if you only have the regular printers drivers installed on your computer than you probably only have MIcrosoft Windows Standard sizes for paper size options.

To solve this, simply

add a new printer
install printer manually
select a driver that supports large formats ( I chose HP GL 2 plotter)
install
and you should now have all kinds of paper sizes you didn't have before.

I hope this helps someone besides myself.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Hmmm.. I have an HP DesignJET 500ps driver on board here... But now that you mention it, I cannot get it to STICK with the ARCH size either. I always have to go in and EDIT PAPER SIZES to get them to show, then by next print I have to do it again.....

More study...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop