cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

best way to schedule fill areas when related to an elevation?

ELEVATE
Contributor

Is there a good way to take sf calcs from a fill on an elevation and tie it to a schedule to breakdown existing wall sf, new wall sf., demo wall sf, ect.  see attachment.  OR could i do it using a worksheet with the elevation overlays below and draw my fills over the elevation overlays and get sf.?    best way to schedule fill areas when related to an elevation?  thanks

qa.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

Short answer - you can't.

The fills must be in the floor plan to be included in the schedules.

Only elements in the floor plan or 3D model can be scheduled.

So you could place the fills in elevation and then copy & paste to the side of the floor plan.

You will have to manually maintain them.

Or model the different walls/surfaces separately so you can get them directly included in the schedules.

Also look into 'surface' schedules, as they can be set up to schedule only the exposed surface of an element.

They may also be able to schedule the covered surface - I am not sure as I have never really used them.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
Barry Kelly

Short answer - you can't.

The fills must be in the floor plan to be included in the schedules.

Only elements in the floor plan or 3D model can be scheduled.

So you could place the fills in elevation and then copy & paste to the side of the floor plan.

You will have to manually maintain them.

Or model the different walls/surfaces separately so you can get them directly included in the schedules.

Also look into 'surface' schedules, as they can be set up to schedule only the exposed surface of an element.

They may also be able to schedule the covered surface - I am not sure as I have never really used them.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11