BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

issues with pens!

cocoloco
Advocate

Hi please help. Although I think this is a glitch..... 

I have a constant issues with pens setting . 

1. I created own pens setting , probably 10 times during one project .... but after while the old setting loads automatically back to old setting , and I have to set up again (???). I made sure I saved project after each time. its annoying.

2. Even after setting up pens thickness when it works, in drawings it show correctly but then in layout it shows the pens are in different thicknesses. 

Please helpppp. Why there is aways something that I spend hours on fixing unsuccessfully instead of having fast flow :((( 

Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 9.10.34 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-04-26 at 9.10.27 AM.png
MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Never use a 'Custom' pen set.

Always 'Store As' to one of the existing pen sets, or you can create a new one.

Then when you use that particular pen set, you know you will always have the changes you have made.

BarryKelly_0-1682644392265.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

Solution

thank you! I followed the steps but I don't see "modeling" in there. ( I did not delete anything and I work in Arch 26 solo) I am attaching my printscreen. Please could you advise which one I should be overwriting with the custom pens? 

Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 9.18.04 PM.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Lingwisyer
Guru

You are saving your Pen Set right?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Lol yes I do. What is the wrong way to save pen set? This is not my fault. 😅

There have been multiple posts on here where someone has had an issue with custom pens disappearing with the cause being them not actually saving the Pen Set resulting in them losing their customisations when they change View.

When you select a View on your layout and pick the "Open Source View" does it look correct?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

I will check that part however the pens setting would be disappearing prior me placing everything on the layouts. The layouts showing pens different from standard drawing page (with still correct pen setting)  were just another shock to me aside old pen setting constantly rewriting my setting.😅 

i wish there would be archicad support, like any support other than sales reps. It’s like this software has no support, other than the forum which is helpful but it doesn’t solve their technical issues. 

@cocoloco wrote:

i wish there would be archicad support, like any support other than sales reps. It’s like this software has no support, other than the forum which is helpful but it doesn’t solve their technical issues. 

If you have a Forward or SSA or subscription, you will have support from you local support people - the ones you are paying the subscription to.

Support is part of the subscription.

If you are not paying a yearly subscription, then this forum is probably your best hope.

Make sure you are saving your pens sets as mentioned - you do not ant 'Custom'.

Apply the pen set to the View settings.

That View is then placed on the layout as a 'drawing' so it will remember the pen set used.

However check the drawing settings to make sure it is using the views pen set and not another pen set.

It is possible to override the pen set used by the view in the drawing settings.

I don't have Archicad running to do screen shots at the moment, but if you still need help I can post some later.

Barry,

Versions 6.5 to 27

yes we do have early sbsctiptions! So I am going to email them. Thank you!!

The way I save pen setting is basically ... Menu > Pen & color (Model views) > custom > I select colors, thicknesses > click on "ok" (there is no other option).

If this is not the setting to actually set up Pen & colors... then I don't know what it should be. 

I understood that no matter what pen color set up I choose, it will always automatically update in the Layout. But even if not,... the print screens attached are already updated pens, showing incorrectly in the layout. 

Question on the side. Our projects are small and large, and I end up setting up pens for each project separately based on project size so the lines are seen properly. Is it something I do wrong or is it something like you do too? (In the old days using cad, it was all quite automatic instead of guessing what looks good for this scale of project and that one) Thank you again 

Solution

Never use a 'Custom' pen set.

Always 'Store As' to one of the existing pen sets, or you can create a new one.

Then when you use that particular pen set, you know you will always have the changes you have made.

BarryKelly_0-1682644392265.png

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
Solution

thank you! I followed the steps but I don't see "modeling" in there. ( I did not delete anything and I work in Arch 26 solo) I am attaching my printscreen. Please could you advise which one I should be overwriting with the custom pens? 

Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 9.18.04 PM.png

@helenalena wrote:

thank you! I followed the steps but I don't see "modeling" in there. 

Pens sets are particular to each template/file.

That just happened to be a pen set in the file I had open at the time.

I can't tell you the pen set you need to change (I don't have your file).

It is what ever one you are using in the view.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
Learn and get certified!