Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

printing to scale

Anonymous
Not applicable
hello.
brand new user. macbookpro17, epson 1280 printer.
having problem controlling scale on prints. never prints at designated scale always adjusts for page size.
thanks.
ben
11 REPLIES 11
Andy Thomson
Advisor
sounds like a margins issue, adjust your margins of your master layouts until it does not shrink the page, are you close, like 98%?
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Djordje
Virtuoso
nextarchitect wrote:
hello.
having problem controlling scale on prints. never prints at designated scale always adjusts for page size.
thanks.
ben
Printing from where?

Which Archicad version?

If 9, is the Master in the PlotMaker set to the particular printer? If 10, is the Master in the Layouts set to the particular printer?

Or are you printing from the model views directly?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks. using ac10. printing from model views. or published dwg's.
ill try setting the master layout.
Djordje
Virtuoso
nextarchitect wrote:
thanks. using ac10. printing from model views. or published dwg's.
ill try setting the master layout.
Do it from the layouts.
Djordje

HP Omen
Thomas Holm
Booster
nextarchitect wrote:
hello.
thanks.
ben
In the Print dialog, third click menu from top, you'll find an "Archicad" option when you click on the menu button.

Select the Archicad option. There, you'll find a number of options on how to set your printing to get it to a known scale. This applies to printing both model views and layouts.

Please note that these options only "stick" after a print, and during the Archicad session going on. If you close the application, you will have to check this again next time you open it.

And note that if you print to scale to a PDF, the person that in turn prints out the PDF will have to check "no page scaling" in HIS print dialog (Adobe Reader?) otherwise Reader will adjust for printer margins again, and the scale will be off.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,

I've got a little problem here. I don't have printer at home, so I can't print directly from ArchiCAD as I have to use the library printers (through library's comps) and they don't have ArchiCAD installed...

So my question is: Is there ANY WAY in which I could save the drawings to scale and print them to the same scale from another computer that doesn't have archiCAD installed on it.

I need this ASAP, I'd really appreciate your help!
Djordje
Virtuoso
Future_Architect wrote:
Hi guys,

I've got a little problem here. I don't have printer at home, so I can't print directly from ArchiCAD as I have to use the library printers (through library's comps) and they don't have ArchiCAD installed...

So my question is: Is there ANY WAY in which I could save the drawings to scale and print them to the same scale from another computer that doesn't have archiCAD installed on it.

I need this ASAP, I'd really appreciate your help!
PDF.
Djordje

HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Could you please elaborate on that?

I tried to save it as a PDF file but it's not on the save menu thingy. How do you do it?

I'm really new to this!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh I figured it out!!! but errrrrrrr when I open it as a PDF file it appears to be so small... would it be like this when i print? or would it print to the 1:20 scale that I had set?