Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

"3D Front View" not mirrored in Interactive Schedu

Anonymous
Not applicable
I noticed no change in the "3D Front View" of two mirrored doors in the Interactive Schedule. Although one is left-hung and the other right-hung the "3D Front View" is the same.

Adding the "orientation" field is not a good enough option I need a correct "3D Front View" for a Door-Schedule. Have I overlooked something, is there a workaround?

Thanks,
Hielke
4 REPLIES 4
Rene Pahlavan
Enthusiast

Can this topic be revived? I am experiencing the same issue and cannot figure out how to solve it. Some of the doors are appearing correctly but others not - see attached screenshot. 

Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 11.05.25 PM.png

AC27 (Apple Silicon)

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2.

MBP M3 Max (16-inch 2023)

You need to be careful how you place your doors.

First you choose the reveal side (the side of the wall the frame offset is measured from), and then you choose the door swing.

When you schedule, you can use 'View from opening side' - which I think is best as this is the view from the side with the door opening towards you.

It will be consistent, no matter how you place the door.

If you use 'View from reveal side, that is exactly what you will get.

And depending on what side of the wall your reveal side is, you will get different results even when the door swings the same way.

BarryKelly_1-1677824775118.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Rene Pahlavan
Enthusiast

Thanks for the explanation Barry. I prefer the view from reveal side as it matches the plan preview (i.e. the swing direction is the same). I just changed that door to have the reveal on outside and it works. 

Cheers!

AC27 (Apple Silicon)

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2.

MBP M3 Max (16-inch 2023)

You will have to make sure the door reveal (placement side) is always opposite to the door swing to get the correct results.

This is not something that is easily visible or checkable once the door is placed unless you adjust the reveal depth.

I would say it is a bug, because the view from the reveal side should be "form the reveal side"

I find that it is not.

See here, all the same door and all with the reveal on the bottom (outside ) if the wall.

BarryKelly_0-1678158190255.png

I find I can only rely on the view from the side the door swings - which fortunately here in Australia is how we nominate the swing (or handing) of the door - left or right hinged as the door opens towards you.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11