BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

repost: links in Publisher generated PDFs

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, in AC19, in PDFs created by Publisher, it possible to produce active links?

I am unable to figure out how to produce links in interactive schedules, and even if I include URLs in a Note field, the text is not active as a link in the generated PDF file. I have placed an external drawing, a pdf with working links, but those links are not active in the pdf generated Publisher.

Have searched ArchiCAD Help Center, unable to find info, thank you
3 REPLIES 3
David Shorter
Advisor
Hi Paul
I did some experimentation with this and found the following.
If a link to a product web is placed in the Notes/Comment field of the object and the schedule which includes the object is saved as a PDF the link is maintained.
I added one to a door and have attached the PDF as an illustration.
The link should take you to a SMEG cooktop web page
Hope this helps
Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
Hi Paul
I did some experimentation with this and found the following.
If a link to a product web is placed in the Notes/Comment field of the object and the schedule which includes the object is saved as a PDF the link is maintained.
I added one to a door and have attached the PDF as an illustration.
The link should take you to a SMEG cooktop web page
Hope this helps
Thank you David, I see that this does work and I can adapt the solution to my needs. Even better would be the ability to produce a link like: <a href="https://xxx.com">Range</a>, or to be able to place a PDF in a (drawing/schedule on a) layout with an already formatted link as above.

Thanks again for your help and solution.
David Shorter
Advisor
Hi Paul
It also seems to work if the schedule is placed on a layout and saved as PDF as well as the link being added to the project notes and the text placed in the plan view. It works when a link is placed in an object field.
Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
Learn and get certified!