Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

resizing drawing scale in Plotmaker 3.1

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just installed Plotmaker 3.1. I am looking forward to having Plotmaker retain the rescaled size of a drawing through an update.
I just updated one of the drawings but the Scale option on the Drawing Attributes page is greyed out (not accessable).
I've unchecked the the SCALE button in Preferences/Drawing Attributes. I still cannot reset the scale of the drawing.
Can anyone tell me how to rescale a drawing in Plotmaker 3.1?
Thank you,
John
7 REPLIES 7
__archiben
Booster
john

i can right click on the drawing that's been imported and change the scale under the 'Attributes' tab of the 'Drawing Settings' dialogue that comes up.

you have to ensure that the 'Scale' box is unchecked in the 'Attributes Update Rules' of the same dialogue box for that particular drawing . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
archiben,
Apparently the problem that I am having is when I open a .lbk created in Plotmaker 3.0 with placed drawings. The Output Scale (Attributes) is locked (greyed out) for the previously placed drawings. If the drawings are deleted and reimported using Plotmaker 3.1 the Output Scale is adjustable.
This feels like a bug that restricts backward compatability. I hope the folks at Graphisoft read this and try to fix it.
Thank you,
John
Anonymous
Not applicable
johncassel wrote:
archiben,
Apparently the problem that I am having is when I open a .lbk created in Plotmaker 3.0 with placed drawings. The Output Scale (Attributes) is locked (greyed out) for the previously placed drawings. If the drawings are deleted and reimported using Plotmaker 3.1 the Output Scale is adjustable.
You don't have to reimport. Select all the placed drawings in Drawing usage, Properties, and check Custom for this drawing under Attribute rules (bottom of the dialog box). It should update.

HTH,

Djordje
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje,
Thank you for the guidance on the custom settings. Your instructions fixed my problem.
John
Djordje
Ace
johncassel wrote:
Djordje,
Thank you for the guidance on the custom settings. Your instructions fixed my problem.
John
Welcome

Glad my alter ego helped
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
johncassel wrote:
archiben,
You don't have to reimport. Select all the placed drawings in Drawing usage, Properties, and check Custom for this drawing under Attribute rules (bottom of the dialog box). It should update.

HTH,

Djordje

Just ran into this same problem and was glad to find this explaination. If others find it confusing as I did, try this:

1. Drawing Usage > Select drawings
2. Drawing Usage, Properties section > Click Settings...
3. Drawings Settings, Attributes Update Rules > Choose "Custom for this drawing"; Uncheck "Scale"; OK

This can also be changed in Options > Preferences > Drawings Attributes..., but that doesn't seem to ungray the scale setting box.

Bob
__archiben
Booster
rbissett wrote:
This can also be changed in Options > Preferences > Drawings Attributes..., but that doesn't seem to ungray the scale setting box.

Bob
bob

that is because the preferences > drawing attributes are global preferences that are assigned to each drawing imported by default.

you have to then change the settings for each drawing (the steps you followed from djordje's post above) from the "Custom for this drawing" to "Same as in Preferences" to be able to have your preferences take effect . . .

hth
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup