Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

sections and elevations showing in plan view

so sometimes some of my projects, size not being a factor, get the sections or elevations embedded into plan view when i try to access a section or elevation. and from then on that section or elevation cannot be erased even if i delete the 3d model. nor can i see my plan in plan view when i close the section. I have submitted bug reports but was curious to see if someone else has had this issue?

i should add if i copy the whole project into a new drawing then every works fine. sometimes forever and sometimes for a couple of days before happening again
10 REPLIES 10
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I'm trying to understand what happens.

Why would you delete your 3D model to remove a section/elevation? You can just right click it in the Project Map and pick delete.

Are you accidentally locking them? Check Edit > Locking > Unlock when you select them in floorplan.

If they are not updating, maybe they are on 'manual update' or 'drawing'.

If it is weird behaviour on your screen, try updating the drivers for your GPU.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
this picture should help. basically the section gets imprinted into my plan view and cannot be removed once it happens. good thing i save a lot lol
section problem.jpg
Barry Kelly
I really can't see from your images (too small) but is it a case of having the Trace & Reference turned on?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I seem to remember someone else having this happen, probably in the last year or so, but a quick search didn't find anything. Try a thorough search of the forum.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could this be caused by a graphics card driver error?
FWIW I would try to update graphics card drivers and see if that makes any difference.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
I always keep my graphics card up to date, as well as windows and any other drivers. thats always the first thing i check when something goes wonky
plus its very random in terms of which files it happens too.

the person from last year may have been me. I have done some pretty thorough search prior to posting.

ill post a video so you guys can get a better idea of whats happening.

Its not trace and reverence, i can actually select and delete the section pieces out of the plan view and when i do it removes the actually wall, roof, etc but deleting the wall or roof from plan view does not remove it from the overlayed section.

very strange.
DGSketcher
Legend
I had it occur ONCE in v19 on a project started in v17 and then migrated to v18. Never had it happen again.

I guess I can't really offer any advice other than it may be a rare migration bug?
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
DGSketcher wrote:
I had it occur ONCE in v19 on a project started in v17 and then migrated to v18. Never had it happen again.

I guess I can't really offer any advice other than it may be a rare migration bug?
THIS IS THE PROBLEM!

I have been using a modified template that was initially created in v 15..... There is so much work into it that i have not taken the time to recreate it with each versions. maybe there are some remnants of something that are plaquing me. As soon as v20 is downloadable i will be making a new template from scratch. ugh... 15 options using renovation filters is exhausting and so tideous...

Ill probably share when im done.

we should all start a community template.. so that we can all always benifit from the best of it all...
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Jared over at www.shoegnome.com has a template he shares, that might be a good starting point for you.

We are still getting good use out of our 18 template, no big changes in 19 and none in 20 to give us reason to change.

Whenever I need to do a new one, I start with standard template (NL version) and modify it back to the way I want it to be, that way I get all the up to date standard attributes that work together with the library.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5