cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

shadow in sections

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I have a section with shadow for architectural proposal and I need another one in layout for engeneering proposal but I need the second one without shadow ( same section)
when turn the shadow off both sections loose the shadow ,
I just wonder if there any way (override /MVO) in which I can turn the shadow on /off for all sections ?
actually I have copied the section in the same place and hide marker and shadow but I ask if there is a simple way
thank you
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Unfortunately it means you have to crate a second section line.
Even creating a second 'view' of the same section doesn't help as the shadow control is not in the view settings, it is in the actual section settings.
So you need one section with shadows and another without.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Barry wrote:
Unfortunately it means you have to crate a second section line.
Even creating a second 'view' of the same section doesn't help as the shadow control is not in the view settings, it is in the actual section settings.
So you need one section with shadows and another without.

Barry.
We have shadow turned on in the elevation and for the GO "Elevation without shadow" we override drafting fill of 3D elements with empty.
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Barry Kelly
Mats_Knutsson wrote:
We have shadow turned on in the elevation and for the GO "Elevation without shadow" we override drafting fill of 3D elements with empty.
Good catch Mats.
That seems to work so long as you have not used any other 'drafting' fills in the elevation.
I was worried it would hide the fills used on element surfaces but they are 'cover' fills and 'cut' fills in section.

Shadows must be considered as drafting fills.

So set up a GO that overrides the 'drafting' fill with an empty fill with a transparent background pen.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11