Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

story elevations

Anonymous
Not applicable
My model was built before i had the 3d terrain. The model is down at the zero level and the terrian (architerra) is way in the sky (200 feet higher). How do i get the model and terrain to line up properly?
5 REPLIES 5
Stress Co_
Advisor
I'd move the terrian (a mesh?) down. EDIT> Move> Elevate or Drag it down in a section view.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Djordje
Ace
Why is it so?

Either the model or the terrain are on a wrong level. If you did your terrain from a XYZ set of coordinates, then your terrain is correct and your model is wrong.

The solution is simple.

Go to the Storey settings and set the storey elevations to what they should be. Everything that is on a certain storey will go along ...

You will have to move the mesh up or, rather down - probably the best place to do it is in the 3D window, using the z coordinate.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Either the model or the terrain are on a wrong level. If you did your terrain from a XYZ set of coordinates, then your terrain is correct and your model is wrong.
Or they are both right but in different ways. The terrain may have been (was likely) modeled relative to sea level, but the building project zero is probably at the ground floor elevation. The method of correction depends on which is to take precedence.
Djordje
Ace
Matthew wrote:
Djordje wrote:
Or they are both right but in different ways. The terrain may have been (was likely) modeled relative to sea level, but the building project zero is probably at the ground floor elevation. The method of correction depends on which is to take precedence.
They cannot be both right.

Your level is either absolute (sea level) or relative (project zero). All the elements of the project (model) have to have correct elevations to any of them in order to be at the correct spatial location.

Now, let's pick some nits, as we have split all the hairs ... 😉
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the help.

Not to belabour the point but I have built the terrain in Architerra, when you attempt to move it in the z or vertical direction architerra gives you an error message and recommends not moving it.

What is the convention when determinig the ideal elevation of your building? In the past I have just tweaked the elevation of the first floor and left the terrain where it is.

thanks again all.
jordan