Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

v12 MENU, MY CUSTOM TOOLBARS

Tom Krowka
Enthusiast
How can I combine the standard V12 menus with my custom toolbars from V11. Can't seem to figure out how to do that. Have created a new work environment using mostly V12 standard, but can't import the toolbars. Don't want to recreate them in V 12....takes too long.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
5 REPLIES 5
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Toolbars are part of the Command Layout Scheme, so you would need to import that. I don't know of a way just to import toolbars only. AFAIK schemes can only be handled as a whole, not in parts.

Cheers,
Link.
Tom Krowka
Enthusiast
If I import my command scheme from V11, then how do I get the V12 Menus? Or can't do that either? For example, V11 does not have ALIGN under EDIT. Don't want to go through the new menus to see what else is missing.
Seems like a loophole here.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Yes, it's both (menus and toolbars) or nothing AFAIK.

Cheers,
Link.
Tom Krowka
Enthusiast
So does not appear to be any way to incorporate past toolbars into the new command layout scheme other than recreating past toolbars. That' too bad. I've got at least a half dozen custom toolbars I use all the time. Have been using them since V10, some of them. Imported the command scheme from 10 to 11. Does that mean I was using the V10 menu scheme from 10 also? It would seem so.
Am going to put this on the wish list.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
I guess they did not "fix" this for AC13 since I have just come upon the same issue going from 12 to 13. I think they should separate the toolbars from the menus also. Yes, there may be new features but it's easier to add those to our custom toolbars than re-creating all our custom toolbars after opening up with the new menus.

Why not just move the toolbar schemes under Tool Schemes, or Shortcut Schemes? I think it is common sense all users will customize toolbars since it is part of the user interface.

Tom - did you post the wish? Because you would have an extra vote from me.