Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

Can Titleblock object, placed on Master Layout, pickup subset name?

Robert Nichols
Advocate

I'm sorry - I know this or similar questions have been asked many times. But...it still looks to me like the solutions to these types of questions are not comprehensively addressed in documentation, and I can never tell when I'm looking at an old post here that has been made obsolete by subsequent improvements.

I'm working on a titleblock object that I want to place on a Master Layout. Many things work well - such as including a revision table, which correctly reflects revision data of whichever Layout you happen to be looking at, even though the titlblock, and revision table within it, is placed on the Master Layout.

To automatically include a coded north arrow on my plan sheets, I first want to determine if a layout is indeed a plan layout, as opposed to elevations, etc. I could do that by either identifying the subset, or the layout's id. <LAYOUTID> obviously doesn't work because it's auto-text. The closest I can get is by requesting the "name" property from the HomeDB_Info function. But...this only works correctly if the title block object is placed directly only the layout, rather than the Master Layout, which I don't want to do. No one should have to place the correct titleblock object on a blank sheet every time they create a new one.

Any suggestions? How to get either LayoutID or Subset name, in a useable format (i.e. not auto-text) within a lib object that is placed on a Master Layout?

Thanks for reading.

Mac Studio, 32gb ram, ArchiCAD v26 (Apple Silicon) MacOS 13
0 REPLIES 0

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!