cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

Complex Profile Skins Label to List All Skins

scottjm
Advisor

So I have the following complex profile as a wall type.

scottjm_0-1722841391533.png

We have a wall elevation label that can read either side of a composite, that I am trying to adapt to being able to read the varying external wall materials (Brick vs Weatherboards).

I am using WALL_SKINS_BMAT_NAMES in a loop to grab all the skins.  However, it is not giving me the whole list, it only lists BRICK, AIRGAP, STUD FRAME, PLASTERBOARD.

From what I can tell, it is only reporting the skins that are being cut at the floor plane cut height (1100 in this instance), which in elevation or section is an irrelevant setting.  If I change the cut plane height (which I can amazingly still do in an elevation view) to 220 it reports: WEATHERBOARDS, BATTEN, STUD FRAME, PLASTERBOARD

Is this correct?  If so, how do I get all the get a label to read ALL the skins in a Complex profile.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly

@scottjm wrote:

Is this correct?  If so, how do I get all the get a label to read ALL the skins in a Complex profile.

That is correct.

As far as I know you can only get the skins at cut plane height.

I guess that is because a complex profile could be any shape with any number of fills of any shape and position as well.

Not necessarily like skins in a wall where it is all nice and orderly.

Imagine if your wall had footings, a wall plate, eaves lining, maybe even a gutter profile as well.

You wouldn't want all of these listed.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Ah damn. That was my fear. I guess that makes sense. My idea was just to create a drop down so I could choose what I wanted to label. 

i guess my workaround will just have to be to create a slither of all the skins I want running full height. 

Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS

@scottjm wrote:

i guess my workaround will just have to be to create a slither of all the skins I want running full height. 

That would be an interesting experiment.

There is nothing stopping you placing a fill (skin) inside another fill (skin).

However, even if very thin they will show in plan and section and strength of building material may affect how walls trim possibly?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

🤦‍♂️ 1 step forward, 2 steps back.  

Thanks Barry.