BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

Creating a property using custom GDL parameters

Laghima
Contributor

I would like to create variables (that read information from the parameters). Then be able to convert them to properties. So I can use them in the expression editor. 

Has anyone tried something similar ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laghima
Contributor

Basically I was looking at reporting a parameter (so I can schedule it). Don't necessarily need the expression editor. Write: PARAMETERS <name> in the parameters script. Create a variable with the same <name> and <type> (string, integer, real number etc..)

When scheduling, select the library part parameter., from where it is stored.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Hai-N
Participant

Hi, I think you can find your answer in the link below. For quick answer, read and display - yes, write - no!
Linking properties into GDL Parameters? - Graphisoft Community

The only way I have been able to write to properties is with the element ID, you can also change object parameters with the element ID so I use a code for what I put in the id to change all parameters and properties

Does this include schedule ? If I was to use multiple instances of objects ?

Solution
Laghima
Contributor

Basically I was looking at reporting a parameter (so I can schedule it). Don't necessarily need the expression editor. Write: PARAMETERS <name> in the parameters script. Create a variable with the same <name> and <type> (string, integer, real number etc..)

When scheduling, select the library part parameter., from where it is stored.

Learn and get certified!