Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

Nominal height of Beam

DNU
Booster

Hi all
Is there an option or workaround to get the nominal height of a beam (and/or beam segment)?
BEAM_HEIGHT gives you the total height of the beam.

DNU_0-1714644935102.png

DNU_1-1714645096912.png

AC 14 - 27
WIN 11
GDL
3 REPLIES 3
runxel
Legend

I don't think so 🤔

You can only get the real height (=how the element is modeled and placed), the "nominal" height at this point is merely theoretical.

I also wonder what this info would mean in your context?

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

POSIWID – The Purpose Of a System Is What It Does /// «Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

Thanks for your reply

I have an 'all purpose' label. It works for every type of element and gives different types of information depending on the type of plans (Architectural, Structural, Energy)  and the usage of the element. Now and then I get a request for extra possibilities. 

This time the height of the bottom side of the concrete isn't correct for the structural engineer because they added an extra (stabilizing) layer below the foundation beam (which doesn't has to be measured).

AC 14 - 27
WIN 11
GDL

Okay, got it.

You could do a very convoluted workaround by requesting all the profile components, and check their height.

But that does not take into account if you actually changed sizes in the actual modeled element.

The other rather obvious solution is to model those things seperately... 😕

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

POSIWID – The Purpose Of a System Is What It Does /// «Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»