GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

PLANE_ status for curve

A_ Smith
Expert

how to make arc segment for PLANE_ ?
It doesn't work - I see nothing in 3D window. What I did wrong?
I thought that at least, status codes 1000 and 3000 should work...

si=15
put 0, 0, 0, si
put 0, 0, 2, si
put 1, 0, 2, si+900
put 2, 0, 2, si+3000
put 2, 0, 0, si
put 0, 0, 0, -1
plane_ nsp/4, get(nsp)

AC 22, 24 | Win 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

The GDL manual is wrong about this since Archicad 8 🤣. Seems like they never bothered to fix it.

However what you want works nice with POLY_. There you can have additional status parameters allowing for curved edges and holes.

I would always avoid zero height objects. It mostly kinda works... but in most cases it still raises warnings in the log.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly

The mask for a POLY_ or PLANE can only be 0 (no edge), 1 (visible edge), or -1 (to define a hole).

So 'si' can not be 15, it should be 1.

Does it work then?

I have just shut down Archicad and don't want to start it up again, otherwise I would test it for you.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Well, such masks work. GDL manual also mentions possibility to use Additional status codes... Should be removed i guess ?

Though I needed curved edges and curved holes... In that case prism_ with zero height should do the job

AC 22, 24 | Win 10
Solution

The GDL manual is wrong about this since Archicad 8 🤣. Seems like they never bothered to fix it.

However what you want works nice with POLY_. There you can have additional status parameters allowing for curved edges and holes.

I would always avoid zero height objects. It mostly kinda works... but in most cases it still raises warnings in the log.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!